5 Ways You Can Lend a Hand This Giving Tuesday
Giving back to our local communities is a priority here at PRA. We are joining the millions across the country to celebrate Giving Tuesday, a global generosity movement that encourages people and organizations to give back to their communities and the world.
To celebrate Giving Tuesday, here are 5 ways you can lend a hand this holiday season:
1. Donate items to local shelters or organizations. Simple items that we use every day are considered luxuries for those in need. Reach out to your local shelter to see what items they need the most.
2. Volunteer your time at a non-profit event or charity. Non-profit organizations like the United Way regularly organize volunteer events to help strengthen their surrounding community.
3. Give rather than receive. The holidays are a time of giving. In lieu of gifts, why not opt for donations or volunteer your time towards a non-profit instead?
4. Spend time with family, friends and those who need it most. Visiting, chatting, and volunteering with family and friends over the holidays is a simple task that can make a world of a difference.
5. Give thanks. Extend your gratitude towards those who have made a significant impact on your life within the past year.Simply send a note, a text, or a verbal “thank you” to let them know that they are appreciated. Generosity and kindness are contagious!
For more information, visit www.givingtuesday.org/